Tuesday, January 3, 2017

#OneWord2017

Choosing my #oneword this year has been more challenging than others.  I have reflected on the words:  seek, joy, push, intentional, and presence.  Each word has significance.  How to choose?  I have decided to go in a new direction this year.  For 2017 I will have a professional word and a personal word.  Why?  Because I'm in a place where that fits.  So, I'm going for it! 

My personal word for 2017 is "presence".  I owe it to my family and friends to be fully present.  That means setting aside my phone.  It means looking at social media less and if necessary, not at all.  It also means that I long for the presence of the Lord in my life.  I want it in everything that I do-personally and professionally.

Acts 2:28
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence.’[a]
 
 

For 2017 my professional word is "intentional".  I want to be intentional with my words and actions with students.  I will plan for conferences and goal setting.  I will be strategic with lesson planning.  I will be intentional with the use of my time. 

Genesis 50:20
You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good.
 
I love this verse.  Joseph was a leader called by God.  He was brought through many different circumstances before he took on the leadership role that God had for him.  As I continue to walk through the personal challenges that have presently been set before me I will hold close the calling that I have been given.  Remembering that God is equipping me and refining me all along the journey.  I do not know what tomorrow holds.  I'm just taking one step at a time, letting God lead.  Here is a song that has shaped my vision for 2017.  Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment