Monday, September 16, 2013

Are You Tired Enough?

Matthew 11:28-30  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


This past Sunday, our pastor used this passage of scripture in his sermon.   After he read this scripture he said "This invitation is for EVERYONE but most aren't tired enough to hear it."  Wow.  This hit me hard.  Why?  Because I am a believer, who 19 years ago was FINALLY tired enough to accept this invitation.  And I found true rest from things that had haunted me for a long time.  Presently, I have been going through a tough time in my Christian walk.  Circumstances over the last 3 years have made my faith less passionate.  I'm acting in my own strength.  I have stopped laying down my personal agenda at God's feet.  When I say that I just mean my "to do list".  Instead of praying through my day and asking God for his vision, I have been working on my own.  I have been frustrated when things go wrong (outside of my personal vision of how it should go).  I'm tired.  I'm weary.  I'm burdened.  My body is giving out on me from stress.  It's time once again to accept the invitation of rest.  


No comments:

Post a Comment