Saturday, December 29, 2012

Eyes on 2013

I find that before you can set your eyes on what's ahead of you, it is helpful the reflect on the past.  So here is a glimpse of 2012...

Kyle has grown taller than me.  He has also grown in responsibility, maturity, and compassion.  Emily has grown in beauty, responsibility, and talent.  She has begun to love the violin, and is becoming interested in learning other instruments also. Ethan has grown in height, intellect, and strength of will.  Eric has enjoyed success in his career.  He has also enjoyed sharing a love of guns and shooting with Kyle.  I started a new career path.  We welcomed a new dog (Robin) and a crested gecko (Avatar) into our home.  I said good bye to a sweet, blonde haired, blue eyed girl.  She is one of the bravest people I've ever met.  I learned that if God is calling you to rest.  You should.  If you don't, he will put you on your behind so that you have to.  This has been a year of trust.  A year of faith and character building.  I am thankful for the joy, and pain of this year.  There have been several times this year that I have asked "Why?".  I have come to the conclusion that sometimes it is not for me to know.  Just trust.  To remember what God has done in the past.  Trust.


Looking forward...2013.  I hope to spend more time in prayer this year.  To listen carefully.  Talk less.  Make time for people and relationships.  Keep my eyes open, and serve where I'm called.  God has called me out of my comfort zone for a reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment