Thursday, July 7, 2011

14 Years

July 19, 1997, at the Little Church of La Villita, I married the love of my life.  It was a simple wedding, with about 30 guests.  It was perfect.   Highlights:  Eric's best man handed Cecil our rings, along with two giant candy ring pops.  I will never forget Cecil looking down in his hand and saying "Well, here are the rings.  I don't know which ones you want to use, but here they are."  It was a cute, private laugh between Eric, Cecil, Burton, and I.   After choosing our rings (we picked the real ones) I then started to shove Eric's ring on the wrong finger.  Eric looked so serious.   It had me so off guard that I had to fight the urge to laugh!

14 years and three kids later, I love this man more than I ever thought possible.  We have grown together in our love for one another and our love for the Lord.  Our journey together has not always been easy.  There have been many challenges along the way.  However, I will say that Eric has always been my champion.  Whenever I have been too weak to fight, scared, or overwhelmed he has always stood in the gap for me.
I love you Eric!  I can't wait to see what comes next!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your marriage has always been an inspiration and God has always used the two of you in big ways in our lives. Amy, you were one of the first people to ever tell me, "Being married is AWESOME!" (Not many people say that these days.) Thanks for being great friends and awesome examples of what love looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete