Friday, April 22, 2011

Do You Need a Second Chance?

I love Easter.  I love that it is God's "do over" for mankind.  We need it.  All of the time.  Easter is so special to me, because it was the beginning of a life changing "do over" for me.  16 years ago, I was NOT in any way the woman I am today.  I am not talking about marriage, children, or profession (even though those things changed in the last 16 years also) either.  I am talking about true life change of the heart.  At the age of 25, circumstances had put me in a literal prison.  In the midst of everything I was running from, my aunt invited me to church.  I "did her a favor" and went.  The message of Easter was not new to me, however, it touched me that day in a way I didn't expect.  Jesus died for ME.  I felt peace and hope that day in a way I never imagined.  I was made new.  Believe it or not, in the last 16 years, God has taken every horrible thing I was running from and used it for his glory.  He has taken my ashes and made them beautiful.  So my question for you is, do you need a "do over?"  Come and see.  Do me a "favor" and visit for Easter.  Hope, peace and life change are the best gifts you could ever receive.  You won't get it from me though, those gifts only come from Jesus.  Hope to see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment